5.02.2011

swimwear

Oh, how I love anthropologie. On their website, my cart is always full of items that I only dream about actually buying. Last week, I realized I don't have a swimsuit that fits me, so I went to anthro looking for inspiration. I found this, and this.

I think those stripes going every which way in the first would definitely be figure flattering. And I'm diggin' the ruching and modest look of the polka dot option. It would help with the post-baby tummy.
I went surfing around for similar suits at lower prices, and came up with these. Here, and here.
That first is a pretty good substitute for the stripe. And I actually ended up buying the polka dot suit. It arrived in the mail Saturday, and it fits like a glove! I'm so excited. Over $100 less than the anthro version. I realize that the look is a little different, but it has that overlay piece to give the same feel on the bottom, it has the ruching, and I'm wearing it with the removable halter strap that came with. I do like the smaller polka dot print better, but I was definitely willing to compromise with the difference in prize.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love these swimsuits! Have you ever looked at modcloth.com? They have some really cute ones there as well.

miiabyt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.